Jo Wood gears up for the Classic Celebrity Challenge

















Ex-Rolling Stones wife to Ronnie Wood, Jo Wood has achieved a childhood ambition – becoming a fully fledged racing driver, with a little help from 13 times Grand Prix winner David Coulthard. F1 star, Coulthard was on hand to give Jo a few tips before the organics entrepreneur hit the track to successfully complete her ARDS race driving test and obtain an official licence to compete. She will make her racing debut at the 2011 Silverstone Classic Celebrity Challenge, on Saturday 23 July, at the world’s biggest classic car racing festival. “This is something I’ve always wanted to do,” Jo revealed. “My Dad used to race when I was a kid so I grew up watching him at the track. Now it’s my turn to get out there and try it for myself and I’m really  looking forward to the challenge. I want to master those corners!” The Celebrity Challenge will see an all-star line-up going head to head in 130mph Morgan V6 Roadster sports cars around the famous Silverstone Grand Prix circuit, raising funds for the Cancer Research UK ‘Bobby Moore Fund.’ Other celebs involved include: Heston Blumenthal, Charley Boorman, ‘Comedy’ Dave, Jonny Saunders, Neil Fox, Luther Blissett, Lord Charles Brocket, Rick Parfitt Jr, Paul O’Duffy, Brendan Cole and Road's very own, Travis drummer, Neil Primrose. Go Neil! Last year’s Silverstone Classic Celebrity Challenge raised over £25,000 for the Bobby Moore Fund and the celebrities are aiming to beat that target in 2011.

Comments

Popular Posts