NEWS: Castle Combe Circuit Calendar to Christmas
Our good friends at "Britain's friendly circuit" – historic Castle Combe – may have finished with the year's race activities, but the events, special offers and action keeps on rolling, right up until Christmas. They include:
- Friday 26th October 2012: Car Track Day, last one of the year! Call 01249-782417 to book, or visit http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/trackdays/carinformation.asp for details. It's a sessioned day, of 15-mins per session, with only 20 cars on track at a time, so plenty of space. Instruction is on hand and the price is £170 per driver or you can club together with a friend as a second car and driver is only £125 and you can split the difference. Nice!
- Friday 26th and Saturday 27th October 2012: Richard Edmonds Auction. The South West auctioneer Richard Edmonds returns to Castle Combe Circuit for his last sale of the year and he is sticking to his winning combination of great pre-war vehicles and genuine British class. Lots include: A 1952 AJS 18MS, 1961 Royal Enfield Constellation 700cc, a brace of John Deers, with a Model A and B booked in, a 1950 Ferguson TED 20-750 and a 1959 Fordson Power Major. Different! Viewing of lots is 10am to 5pm on Thursday 25th October, 8.30am to 6pm: Friday 26th October and from 8am on Saturday 27th October. The auction starts at 9.30am prompt (Friday 26th October) and 10am prompt (Saturday 27th October). Admission is £10 (admits two). Further details: www.richardedmondsauctions.com
- Saturday 27th October 2012: Bristol Pegasus Sprint: The Bristol Pegasus Sprint remains one of CCC's most popular end of season events. It is aimed at club competitors and attracts a number of one-make championships including Morgan, TVR, Scimitar, MGs and Triumph. Get to see competition cars of all makes plus road classes compromising every day road cars that you get to see on your daily commute to work. Admission is FREE! Further details: www.bristolpegasus.com
- Friday 2nd November 2012: Startline Young Driver Experience, aimed at under-17-year-old (12-16, over four feet eight inches) drivers, wanting to get a head-start before they get their provisional licence. This is a press launch day and offers an opportunity for students to get behind the wheel for the first time and in a safe, enclosed, historic circuit environment, with great instructors. There are two courses: Starter Drive, which is a two-hour course with approx. 35 minute drive time (max. 30mph) and includes basic driving skills, based in the paddock with one lap of the circuit at the end of the course. Or there's the Advanced Drive, a four-hour course with approx. one-hour drive time (max. 40mph). This includes basic driving skills, car maintenance and road safety and includes the "Beer Goggle Walk," based in the paddock and on the circuit. Pre-booking essential. Full details can be found at www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk or by telephoning 01249 782417.
- Finally, Castle Combe Circuit is offering a FREE Gift on selected Driving Experiences, Season Tickets, Track Days and more purchased this Christmas…! Take your pick from a variety of ace CCC racing experiences. All driving experiences including the “truest to motor racing experience,” on courses like the Single Seater Driving Experience or Track Days Experience. You can buy these, or event Season Tickets online at www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk, or by telephoning 01249 782417.