NEWS: Silverstone Motorsport UK 2012
Road Magazine & Blog have tied up as media partners with the Motorsport UK show – now re-located to "the home of Britsh motorsport," Silverstone and renamed Silverstone Motorsport UK. The show, which launched last year aims to promote all categories of national motorsport and has signed a long term agreement with Silverstone Circuits Limited to become the new venue for its events. the 2012 event is set to take place on the 3rd & 4th November at the Northamptonshire circuit. The Silverstone Motorsport UK 2012 event will feature:
* The Silverstone LIVE experience – allowing visitors to sample the Silverstone Stowe circuit with a trained instructor.
* The Kit Car Pavilion in association with Kit Car Magazine and Total Kit Car magazine which will showcase some of the UK’s top kit car and specialist car manufacturers.
* The Track Driver Hot Laps experience – providing visitors the opportunity to experience “Hot Laps” whilst been test driven round the Stowe Circuit in exhibitors’ cars that they are interested in purchasing or joining their team.
* The Go Motorsport - Motorsport UK Kart Challenge - allowing visitors the opportunity to race against friends and other visitors in a series of rounds for the title of the Go Motorsport - Motorsport UK crown and a selection of prizes.
* The Checkered Flag fans forum & Motors TV main stage hosted by TV presenter & Road Magazine writer, Gemma Scott – who will be interviewing drivers, race team bosses and key figures from the industry on their top tips in getting into Motorsport.
* The Motorsport UK Main Arena – a 5,000sq.ft exhibition hall with more than 100 exhibitors from the national Motorsport arena – including car manufacturers, national racing series, racing clubs, suppliers and industry associations.
Richard Phillips, Managing Director of Silverstone Circuits Limited, said: "We are delighted to welcome Motorsport UK and Kart Mania to Silverstone. We have been extremely impressed with the two events and we look forward to working with partners in making these events a success and a not-to-miss fixture on the UK Motorsport calendar."
Martin Capenhurst organiser of Motorsport UK said: "We are thrilled to be teaming up with Silverstone and there is no doubt that the Silverstone Motorsport UK 2012 is going to be a very special event, and will certainly be something for all of the family. For youngsters and adults looking to make a start into motorsport we have a number of new live elements providing visitors with the chance to get behind the wheel of one of SIlvertsone’s cars and learn the ropes with a qualified instructor, to the Go Motorsport kart challenge providing visitors the chance to compete and win sponsorship for their 2012 season to individuals having the chance to sample hot laps of cars that they are looking to purchase on the Silverstone Stowe circuit."
Adult tickets are £15.00 or £35.00 for a family ticket (2 adults and 2 children), which includes free parking and free event programme. Under 16’s and concessions are just £7.50 and MSA license holders are £10.00 if tickets are purchased in advanced. For more information on Silverstone Motorsport UK visit www.motorsportshow.co.uk. And you can hear all about the show via Road Magazine & Blog.